Delaware Licensing Overview for Manicurists and Nail Technicians
Licensing for manicurists and nail technicians in Delaware is controlled by the Delaware Board of Cosmetology and Barbering.
General Guidelines for Manicurists and Nail Technicians in Delaware
Specific requirements to perform manicurists and nail technicians services can generally be used as a guideline, but make sure to check with your local governing rules and regulations.
Who’s allowed to perform these services?
Requirements and license preparation for manicurists and nail technicians
You must complete an apprenticeship of at least 600 hours to be eligible for licensure in Delaware. You must also meet this requirement within 12 months.
There are a number of things you must do to prepare for a nail technology apprenticeship in Delaware:
- Choose a sponsor to supervise your apprenticeship (sponsor must be licensed in Delaware as a nail technician or cosmetologist)
- Complete a signed, signed, and notarized Application for Apprenticeship
- Have the sponsor and the shop/salon owner sign the application
- Submit the $40 processing fee (made payable to the State of Delaware)
- Arrange for the Board to receive your high school transcripts (showing that you have completed at least the 10th grade)
What’s the state licensing site for manicurists and nail technicians?
What are some training programs available for manicurists and nail technicians?
How long is a license good for and when do I need to renew?
License expires on March 31 of every even-numbered year
What are fees associated with licensing?
For fees, licensing duration and renewal details check with local governing body.