University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine Overview
A critical part of a therapist’s skill is the ability to direct successful psychotherapy. This potential starts in the first year of school while giving consideration to patients hospitalized for clinical reasons. Like self-improvement which stretches out over a lifetime, students advance through their residency in their capacity to offer psychotherapy.
Training Programs at University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine
- PGY 1, residents learn basic listening skills during orientation
- PGY 2, when residents are rotating at inpatient psychiatry sites, residents are encouraged to conduct active problem-solving psychotherapy using supportive techniques taught during the first year.
- PGY 3, is an outpatient year during which psychotherapy training is the emphasis, and all residents are actively providing psychotherapy.
- Price Range: Check website for updated details.
Resources for University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine
- Phone: (775) 784-4917
- Website: https://med.unr.edu/
- Email: email@example.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/unrmed
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/unrmed